Doja Cat! You probably have heard her name & her songs! But I bet you haven’t heard her real name. Her real name is Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini. She was born on Oct 25, 1995 & she belongs to L.A. Both of her parents were also from the artistic fields.
Doja Cat is a skilled technical rapper with a strong musical sense & a really bomb visual presence. Her songs & music videos have a crazy fan base, especially on TikTok.
Doja Cat started off by making & releasing her music on SoundCloud as a teenager. Her song “So High” caught the attention of RCA records & Kemosabe and Doja Cat signed her debut EP Purrr with them at the age of 17 in 2014. There was no turning point after that. She is now one of the most popular pop stars in Hollywood with a total of 37 awards won since 2020!
Doja Cat’s fans genuinely love her for being so fierce & for being herself & are crazy about music, voice & lyrics of her songs! Few say- Doja Cat is a perfect example of “dreams become reality”.
Doja Cat’s Body Dysmorphia
Was it easy for her to lose weight? NO. Doja Cat had body Dysmorphia which made it really difficult for her to lose weight. Body Dysmorphia is a mental condition where a person spends a lot of time worrying about flaws in their physical appearance & the flaws can be negligently small for others to even notice. Doja Cat even wrote a song on it ‘Juicy’ which describes how to accept your body positively. Aah, I love that song.
Dysmorphia began in her teens & Doja Cat said in an interview “I feel like the song ‘juicy’ was therapeutic for me. I kinda made it for myself, well the meaning behind it at least, I was doing it for my own happiness & felt like other people can definitely pull some joy out of it too. Now I just try to focus on eating well but I struggle a bit with B.D even now”.
On a personal note, I just want to say, everything in life is temporary including all the problems. Maybe you are suffering from anxiety right now or something else, may be in the next one or two years, you will be completely healed & free. Who knows! Don’t overthink & make the condition worse. It will be gone without you even realizing it. Trust me.
Doja Cat’s Weight Loss journey of 20 pounds
Diet, Exercise & motivation – You only need these 3 things to get in any size you want, and so did Doja.
Doja Cat’s Diet for weight loss
Doja mostly avoids junk foods like processed snacks with refined white flour, sugar, corn syrup, baked goodies & alcohol. Although she prefers healthy food, she loves her curves too & to maintain that she also indulges in her fav steamed lobsters, chicken Caesar salad & Oreos occasionally. She eats low-carb foods, green leafy veggies, high-fiber foods & protein-rich food items. She was cooking her own food during the covid lockdowns & her diet included:
- Breakfast – 2 eggs, toast
- Lunch- Fish & Vegetables
- Evening snack- seaweed chips, coffee
- Dinner-Spinach, chicken steak, salad
Doja Cat loves eggs & spinach tortilla rolls with caramelized onions, hot sauce & pepper jack cheese in them. Doja Cat’s fridge tour once showed her patent food items like tuna, kale, quinoa & lots of fruits.
Cheat day meals- Some of Doja Cat’s favorite places to order are Panera bread, Taco bell, Tsuri, and Jack in the box. She loves broccoli cheddar soup from Panera bread & burgers from shake shack. She’s also a big sucker for seafood.
Doja Cat doesn’t stick to the same foods everyday Cuz she prefers variety. Also; she emphasizes a lot on keeping the body hydrated & getting a good amount of sleep to maintain her energy the next day.
Key elements of Doja Cat’s diet plan
These key things will make sure your cravings are satisfied & weight loss journey is on track. To lose weight without craving for food the entire day, follow these 3 tips which Doja followed.
- Portion size- I can’t begin to emphasize how much difference this change will have on you, your weight loss journey & lifestyle. When you learn to control your portion size, you learn how to indulge in your favorite dishes every now & then without making fuss about it. For e.g., Limit the dessert to say two tsp. That’s it. You ate it, you enjoyed it. Controlling portion size means, you should know when to put the spoon down.
- Replacing – Another way to indulge in your fav foods is ‘replacing’. Who said you cannot eat a pizza on a Monday night? If you are craving pizza, eat it with a whole wheat crust rather than refined flour & put a load of veggies on it & don’t forget to limit the portion size. It’s not going to affect your weight loss plan at all. Just remember when you’re 80% full, you are good to put down that plate. You’re done, honey. There are great replacements for almost every bad temptation you have. Another e.g. is Nutella, everyone loves that shit, but if you want to eat it every weekend on your toast, make a healthy version of it on your own, store it for a long time & enjoy it in a portion-controlled way. It’s so easy to make. There are millions of recipes out there.
- Timing matters- Say you have one cheat day meal every week and it could be any junk you want. It’s your cheat day, eat what you want but try and enjoy that dish in the first half of the day. Your metabolism is at its peak in the morning and gradually decreases with the day along with the sun. Hence, at night, your metabolic rate is at its lowest & anything you put in your stomach will take a long time to digest. So your body will be more likely to store these calories as fat rather than burn them as energy and you will gain weight. They key is to give lighter things to your stomach which are easy to digest at night & binge your fav cheat meal in the morning or before 5 PM when you’ll be able to get away with it easily.
Include these tips in your lifestyle to enjoy the food you love & loose weight. Lose weight and not mind.
Doja cat’s workout regime for weight loss
Doja Cat believes in high-intensity workouts and her plan also includes certain toning activities. She is very regular with her regime. Her favorite exercises include running every morning, dancing & cycling.
Doja Cat’s workout in the gym includes:
- Shoulder press
- Bicep curls
- Kettlebell exercises
- Jump squats
- Resistance band running
- Leg curls
What is Doja Cat’s Weight now?
She lives at her place in Beverly Hills California, which she bought in 2021 for $2.2 million. She was in a relationship with an American singer Jawny until they separated in Feb 2020. She has never officially said anything about her sexuality but a few hints on her social media point toward her interest in women too. Doja Cat’s songs like “Naked”, and “Bottom Bitch” can be interpreted as lesbian sex.
During COVID, Doja cat was tested positive twice, once in 2020 and then in 2021. In May 2022, she opened up about her nicotine addiction & revealed that she would require tonsil surgery because of vaping & drinking wine on antibiotics. She had to drop out of all her upcoming shows & events because of this. Later, on 19th May 2022, Doja Cat tweeted about how the doctor had to cut her left tonsil since she had an abscess in it & her whole throat is fu*** up & warned people of some bad news. Later she tweeted “Im quitting vaping for a while and hopefully I don’t crave it anymore after that” Doja added in the end.
If you think Doja’s loss strategy is not your cup of tea, you might prefer Amanda Batula’s weight loss strategy, Khloe Kardashian’s bomb workout or Chrissy Metz’s weight loss strategy.
And remember enhancing your beauty is not always about weight loss. Here are some other ideas on how to look pretty and enhance your beauty.
Love~ Beauty Stroll
You may also like these articles
Red light Therapy- Some new FAD?
Glutathione injections- The complete guide!
How to get fluffy and Voluminous hair at home?
Hollow under eyes? Some tips for you