Doja Cat! You probably have heard her name & her songs! But I bet you haven’t heard her real name. Her real name is Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini. She was born on Oct 25, 1995, & she belongs to L.A. Both of her parents were also from the artistic fields.
Doja Cat is a skilled technical rapper with a strong musical sense & a really bomb visual presence. Her songs & music videos have a crazy fan base, especially on TikTok.
Doja Cat started off by making & releasing her music on SoundCloud as a teenager. Her song “So High” caught the attention of RCA Records & Kemosabe and Doja Cat signed her debut EP Purrr with them at the age of 17 in 2014. There was no turning point after that. She is now one of the most popular pop stars in Hollywood with a total of 37 awards won since 2020!
Doja Cat’s fans genuinely love her for being so fierce & for being herself & are crazy about music, voice & lyrics of her songs! Few say- Doja Cat is a perfect example of “dreams become reality”.
Doja Cat’s Body Dysmorphia
Was it easy for Doja Cat to lose weight? NO. Her ongoing struggle with body Dysmorphia made it really difficult for her to lose weight. Body Dysmorphia is a mental condition where a person spends a lot of time worrying about flaws in their physical appearance & the flaws can be negligently small for others to even notice. Doja Cat even wrote a song on it ‘Juicy’ which describes how to accept your body positively. Aah, I love that song.
Dysmorphia began in her teens & Doja Cat said in an interview “I feel like the song ‘juicy’ was therapeutic for me. I kinda made it for myself, well the meaning behind it at least, I was doing it for my own happiness & felt like other people can definitely pull some joy out of it too. Now I just try to focus on eating well but I struggle a bit with B.D even now”.
On a personal note, I just want to say, everything in life is temporary including all the problems. Maybe you are suffering from anxiety right now or something else, maybe in the next one or two years, you will be completely healed & free. Who knows! Don’t overthink & make the condition worse. It will be gone without you even realizing it. Trust me.
Doja Cat’s Weight Loss Journey of 20 Pounds
Diet, Exercise & motivation – You only need these 3 things to get in any size you want, and so did Doja.
Doja Cat’s weight loss diet
Doja Cat’s healthy diet plan mostly excludes junk food like processed snacks with refined white flour, sugar, corn syrup, baked goodies & alcohol. Although she prefers healthy food, she loves her curves too & to maintain that she also indulges in her fav steamed lobsters, chicken Caesar salad & Oreos occasionally. She eats low-carb foods, green leafy vegetables, high-fiber foods & protein rich foods. She was cooking her own food during the covid lockdowns & her diet included the:
- Breakfast – Two eggs, toast
- Lunch- Fish & Vegetables
- Evening snack- seaweed chips, coffee
- Dinner-Spinach, chicken steak, salad
Doja Cat loves eggs & spinach tortilla rolls with caramelized onions, hot sauce & pepper jack cheese in them. Doja Cat’s fridge tour once showed her patent food items like tuna, kale, quinoa & lots of fruits.
Cheat day meals- Some of Doja Cat’s favorite places to order are Panera bread, Taco Bell, Tsuri, and Jack in the Box. She loves broccoli cheddar soup from Panera Bread & burgers from shake shack. She’s also a big sucker for seafood.
This American rapper doesn’t stick to the same foods every day Cuz she prefers variety. Also, she emphasizes a lot on keeping the body hydrated & getting a good amount of sleep to maintain her energy the next day.
Doja Cat Weight Loss plan
These key things will make sure your cravings are satisfied & weight loss journey is on track. For losing weight without craving food the entire day, follow these 3 tips which Doja Cat followed.
- Portion size- Cannot begin to emphasize how much difference this change will have on your weight loss journey & lifestyle. When you learn to control your portion size, you learn how to indulge in your favorite dishes every now & then without making a fuss about it. For e.g., Limit the dessert to say two tsp. That’s it. You ate it, you enjoyed it. Controlling portion size means you should know when to put the spoon down.
- Replacing – Another way to indulge in your fav foods is ‘replacing’. Who said you cannot eat a pizza on a Monday night? If you are craving pizza, eat it with a whole wheat/cauliflower crust rather than refined flour & put a load of veggies on it, lastly don’t forget to limit the portion size. Just remember when you’re 80% full, you are good to put down that plate. You’re done, honey. There are great replacements for almost every bad temptation you have. Another example is Nutella, everyone loves that shit, but if you want to eat it every weekend on your toast, make a healthy version of it on your own, store it for a long time & enjoy it in a portion-controlled way. It’s so easy to make. There are millions of recipes out there.
- Timing matters- Say you have one cheat day meal every week and it could be any junk you want. It’s your cheat day, eat what you want but try and enjoy that dish in the first half of the day. Your metabolism is at its peak in the morning and gradually decreases with the day along with the sun. Hence, at night, your metabolic rate is at its lowest & anything you put in your stomach will take a long time to digest. So, your body will be more likely to store these calories as fat rather than burn them as energy and you will gain weight. The key is to give lighter things to your stomach which are easy to digest at night & binge your fav cheat meal in the morning or before 5 PM when you’ll be able to get away with it easily.
Include these tips in your lifestyle to enjoy the food you love & lose weight. Lose weight and not mind.
Doja Cat’s workout regime for weight loss
To lose weight: Doja Cat’s workout routine includes high-intensity workouts and toning activities. She is very regular with her regime. Her favorite exercises include running every morning, dancing whenever she gets time & cycling.
Doja Cat’s workout in the gym includes weight training exercises:
- Exercises on upper body days: Shoulder press, Bicep curls
- Kettlebell exercises
- Jump squats
- Resistance band running
- Leg curls
What is Doja Cat’s Weight now?
She lives at her place in Beverly Hills California, which she bought in 2021 for $2.2 million. Doja Cat is a big cat lover and has two cats named Tuna and Fatty. She was in a relationship with an American singer Jawny until they separated in Feb 2020. She has never officially said anything about her sexuality but a few hints on her social media point toward her interest in women too. Doja Cat’s songs like “Naked”, and “Bottom Bitch” can be interpreted as lesbian sex.
Doja Cat has been open about her struggles with Anxiety and depression. In an interview with Rolling Stone, she mentioned how badly anxiety affected her music:” I really have bad anxiety”, That’s kind of my thing and when I get anxious, I just don’t feel like talking to anybody or doing anything. In her song “Better than Me” she has expressed how sometimes she feels inferior to others and often has to fight off her self-doubt. Overall, Doja Cat works on her mental health every day and music helps her with expressing and coping with her feelings.
During COVID, Doja cat tested positive twice, once in 2020 and then in 2021. In May 2022, she opened up about her nicotine addiction & revealed that she would require tonsil surgery because of vaping & drinking wine on antibiotics. She had to drop out of all her upcoming shows & events because of this. Later, on 19th May 2022, Doja Cat tweeted about how the doctor had to cut her left tonsil since she had an abscess in it & her whole throat is fu*** up & warned people of some bad news. Later she tweeted “Im quitting vaping for a while and hopefully I don’t crave it anymore after that” Doja added in the end.
Doja Cat Shut down body shamers
As Doja Cat shows us, Weight loss, or Weight gain, both should always be a personal choice people should be able to make for themselves without getting opinions, judgment, or trolls from the outside world. Instead of pleasing the world with the typical beauty standard it has set, follow what makes you happy from the inside and never think twice about achieving it.
Doja Cat’s everyday personal favorite cosmetic products
2. TATCHA the deep cleanse exfoliating cleanser
3. Laura Mercier Translucent loose setting powder
4. NARS blush
5. NARS liquid blush
6. Maybelline lash sensational washable mascara
7. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r instant retouch concealer
8. TATCHA the dewy skin cream
9. Skin Inc pure revival peel
10. Freck beauty Freck OG
11. Becca under eye brightening concealer
12. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
13. Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r instant warmth Bronzer
Love~ Beauty Stroll
You may also like these articles
Red light Therapy- Some new FAD?
Glutathione injections- The complete guide!
How to get fluffy and Voluminous hair at home?
Hollow under eyes? Some tips for you