The first thing that straight comes to my mind upon hearing the word “Ivory skin” is an elephant’s tusk. I wonder if it’s named after an animal’s tusk. Well, the answer is yes! Ha-ha. Continue reading to know more.
What is an Ivory skin tone?
Ivory skin tone is a beautiful creamy-white colored skin tone with yellow, peach, pink, or golden undertones. Across the shades of white skin, Porcelain is the lightest followed by Alabaster and Ivory is the darkest.
How do you determine if you have an Ivory skin tone?
Well, It’s just a few simple steps. Let’s get started by looking at your skin tone. Skin tones fall into one of these 4 categories. Fair, Light, Medium, and Dark. If you have Ivory colored skin tone, you will have less production of Melanin in your skin compared to people with other skin tones. So, you will have a fair complexion with a yellowish/creamy/peachy skin undertone.
Now I just mentioned the undertone. What is the undertone? It is the shade below the surface of the skin and can appear warm, cool, or neutral. You should know your skin’s undertone because it helps you make better color choices in makeup, jewelry, and clothes.
Here is how you can find out your undertone:
- Check your veins
Take a look at your wrist or forearm. If you see green-colored veins, that means you have a warm undertone. If you see blue-colored veins, you have a cool undertone. And if you have a mix of both green and blue veins, you have a neutral undertone. Now, here is some additional information to help you decide the most suitable color shades for your complexion.
Warm tone colors- Coral, brown, off-white, mustard yellow, peach, gold, olive, amber, yellow, orange.
Cool tone colors- White, gray, black, and mostly all shades of purple and blue like teal, lavender, rose, etc.
Neutral tone colors- Jade, Red, white, dusty pink, coffee, light peach, lagoon blue.
- Check your skin’s reaction towards the sun
If you are trying to determine your undertone, this is one of the easiest methods So, if you have a warm undertone, you will easily get tanned under the sun but won’t burn your skin whereas, with a cool undertone, you will burn badly but won’t get tanned easily.
FYI: People with lighter complexions or Ivory skin tones are more prone to get harsh sunburns and are unfortunately also more prone to skin cancer. Your skin produces less melanin and hence cannot save you from the violent UV rays. Load up on sunscreen with an SPF of 30-50 every morning and repeat every 2-3 hours.
- Jewelry test
If gold elevates and suits your complexion more than silver, then you have a warm color undertone. If Silver tends to suit you more, you have a cool undertone. If gold and silver both suit your complexion, then you have a neutral undertone.
Characteristics of Ivory tone
- Eye color is usually blue eyes, green, or grey
- Hair color is generally blonde hair, red, or beige
- Skin color is very light pale skin with cream skin tone
These are a few general features; your’s may differ.
Any drawbacks of having an Ivory skin tone?
Ivory skin tone is a very pretty, pale skin complexion, but almost every good thing comes with a few demerits.
The drawbacks of Ivory skin tone are:
- Light skin tone typically ages faster compared to dark skin tone. Fair skin cannot protect you from harmful UV radiations and hence photodamage and sunburns are higher in people who have light skin tones. The only solution is to start with anti-aging products as early as mid-20s.
- With sun damage comes early wrinkles and fine lines. Start with the Retinol journey from an early stage.
- Rosacea is more common in fair-skinned people than in darker complexion. Redness and inflammation in fair skin are common conditions. Always keep redness relieving products handy in your bathroom for any emergencies.
- You get fewer tans but are more prone to developing freckles.
Skin care tips for Ivory skin tone
Your complexion is gorgeous but high maintenance. As you just read, your skin tone is very sensitive to the sun and can easily get photodamaged and develop early signs of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Start with an anti-aging routine using serums with Retinol and Vitamin C. Use Retinol in the night and Vitamin C in the morning. In addition, use Hyaluronic acid as the second layer of serum (during day & night) to maintain perfect moisture levels in the skin.
- Moisturizer- Choose a calming and soothing cream with peptides, ceramides or green tea for healthy flawless skin.
- If you care about your skin, please do not step outside without sunscreen. Finish off your skincare routines with a thick layer of sunscreen. FYI: Buy sunscreen which is comfortable to wear every day for 365 days. You can use either a physical or chemical sunscreen. Wearing it consistently will give you results.
What colors suit the Ivory skin tone?
Warm undertones- Coral, brown, off-white, mustard yellow, peach, gold, olive, amber, yellow, orange.
Cool undertones- White, gray, black, and mostly all shades of purple and blue like teal, lavender, light pink, rose, etc.
Neutral undertones- Jade, Red, white, dusty pink, coffee, light peach, lagoon blue.
- Ivory Skin tone is a bright, light skin complexion that is very attractive and has been named after Elephant ivory tusks.
- This pale skin tone is very sensitive towards sun rays and hence is prone to easy development of wrinkles, fine lines, rosacea, sunburns, or in rare cases melanoma- the deadly skin cancer. So, always stay sun protected with an SPF of 30-50, wear hats, or carry an umbrella.
- Start with your anti-aging skincare routine (which is mentioned above) right from your early or mid-20s.
- Lastly, choose colors for your makeup, clothes, and jewelry according to your undertone.
Love~ Beauty Stroll
You may also like these articles
Glutathione Injections- The complete guide!
Red light therapy
How to get fluffy and Voluminous hair at home?
Hollow under eyes? Some tips for you
The most honest guide to Dusky skin complexion!