What is Porcelain Skin?
Porcelain skin is translucent, smooth skin with no pores and has the flawless texture of a glass. It is an acne-free and blemish-free skin type with an even skin tone. Porcelain skin is a lovely white shade skin color with mostly 95% pink undertones and 5% yellowish undertones.
Why is it called Porcelain Skin?
Porcelain term is a poetic reference used to compare this magnificent white shade skin color to the very expensive ‘Chinese porcelain’ which is made of white clay. When the ceramic clay is heated and cooled into porcelain, it gets a flawless quality where you can see light through them and that’s where porcelain skin term is derived from.
People with this gorgeous skin are often compared to porcelain dolls. In some cases, people with porcelain skin shade have very translucent skin which means, they have pale, see-through skin with even veins showing off the skin.
What is the difference between Porcelain skin and Fair skin?
- Porcelain skin and Fair skin are not the same. I mean, yes both skin shades stoop towards the lightest end of the skin tones however Fair skin has a lot more skin issues like acne, blemishes, and rosacea compared to the clean Porcelain skin.
- Also, they usually have different undertones. Porcelain skin has more pink undertones whereas Fair skin has more yellow undertones which looks like pale skin.
- The last difference is that people with Porcelain skin have more pinkish undertones, giving them a more translucent look. In contrast, people with Fair skin have warmer undertones like yellow and tend to have a paler skin tone.
Ways to get Porcelain skin at home
To get flawless, clear, and smooth skin at home is not difficult honestly. How if you ask? Well, it all comes down to a dedicated and proper skincare routine and what you put in your body, which is your diet.
A strict skincare routine and a diet full of fruits and vegetables are going to be game changers for your physical appearance. Let me help you with 9 life-changing skincare tips to achieve flawless porcelain like skin. Let’s go.
- Be careful in the Sun- Skin issues like hyperpigmentation, melasma, early signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, and the worst, developing skin cancer – melanoma are all caused by harmful ultraviolet rays, especially UVB. Include a sunscreen with SPF 30-50 in your skincare routine, wear hats, or carry umbrellas to protect the sensitive skin. Protecting your facial skin from harsh uvb rays makes all the difference. In case, if you are deficient in vitamin D, you can take a 15 min sunbath before 10 AM or after 5 PM when the sun rays are at their weakest. Also, you can always take a vitamin D supplement for the deficiency.
- Do not sleep without washing your face, especially with Makeup on- All the accumulated dirt, bacteria, and pollution can clog your pores which results in breakouts. In the long run, sleeping with makeup on will just age your skin very fast. Double cleanse it with a non-comedogenic cleanser every night before going to bed.
- Stay Hydrated- Start your day with a refreshing vegetable juice. You can add beetroots, carrots, cucumbers, spinach, etc. It will detoxify all the toxins and will flush your body with the necessary minerals and vitamins. Remember to have at least 2-3 liters of water throughout the day to keep the body hydrated and blood circulating.
- Bad Skincare products- To achieve Porcelain skintype, the most important thing is quality. We are talking here now about physical beauty, and your face is the bold definition of it. Do not choose low-quality brands to save a few bucks. Ditch brands that make highly fragmented and comedogenic skincare products to avoid skin allergies and clogged pores.
- A gentle cleanser- If you wish to get all the benefits and value for your money back, remember the 60-sec rule when using cleanser. Choose a gentle cleanser and massage it in light circular motions for 60-sec for the cleanser to actually work. Repeat again for a thorough cleanse. For porcelain skin, pick a gentle cleanser specifically according to your skin type. For oily skin types, go for a gel-based cleanser and for dry skin and combination skin types, go for a foam-based or a creamy cleanser.
- Moisturizers- Choose a non-comedogenic moisturizer so that it doesn’t clog pores. You can choose one with ceramides, niacinamide, or hyaluronic acid for additional deep hydration of the skin.
- Face masks- Face masks are so rejuvenating on the skin. They are an at-home treatment for dull, tanned, or tired skin. They get rid of all the dead skin cells. You can use sheet masks, or DIY homemade face masks 2 times a week to nourish the skin. Choose your products that are free of harmful chemicals or harmful toxins and have fun with a DIY face mask.
- Avoid touching the face unnecessarily- A big NO-NO for porcelain skin color is touching the face. It just spreads the bacteria and oil on the entire face which can make you break out even more. Also, avoid touching or popping pimples. Touching them can leave permanent marks on the skin.
Makeup tips for Porcelain skin:
Heavy Makeup every day will age your skin faster than your biological age. Strike a balance and go for light natural makeup on essential occasions to maintain porcelain skin.
The number one rule before makeup is to have a flawless base which means smooth skin, that comes from a proper skin care routine.
The makeup tips:
- Always start with a primer with SPF or a tinted moisturizer for your foundation to glide smoothly and for the skin not to look cakey or rough.
- Foundation- your foundation should match your complexion very closely. Liquid foundations are considered perfect for being weightless on the skin and for not leaving a bold matte finish on the skin. They give a dewy natural looking finish. You can also opt for a cream-based foundation depending on your skin type.
- Concealer- If you still see eye bags or any dark spots. Conceal them using a concealer that matches your undertone. You can opt for a liquid or a cream-based concealer according to your skin type. A Liquid concealer gives a natural finish, and a cream-based concealer is well suited for dry skin because of the thicker texture. Lastly, go for one shade lighter than your complexion to choose the perfect concealer for your under-eye area. To check the shade of the concealer, try it on your jawline for the absolute correct match.
- Lipstick and Blush- colors that look the prettiest on a Porcelain skin tone are rosy, pink, warm coffee tones that don’t wash your skin, apricot, peach, and shades of pink. Stay away from pastel colors, and bright oranges.
- Eyeshadow- If you like to do eye shadows, metallic hues, greens, and purple, will look very lovely on your skin tone. Try to avoid colors like black, white, and gray.
Makeup Product suggestions for Porcelain skin
1. Foundation- “The Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation” by Rihanna is mind-blowing. It’s a great foundation for porcelain skin because it is smooth, has a wide range of shades to choose from, and has a matte finish which won’t make your skin shiny or oily.
Unknown Facts about Porcelain Skin
- Egg whites and Honey
Separate and take egg white from one egg, and mix it with organic raw honey. Apply the paste for 20-30 mins and wash it off with lukewarm water. Egg white tightens the skin, keeps the skin healthy and honey moisturizes it well. This is a mask most suited for dry, and aged skin.
- Flax seeds gel, honey, and lemon
Grind flax seeds, and add 1 tsp honey and a few drops of lemon to make a thick paste. Apply this face mask for 30 mins. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Flaxseeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids that leave the skin soft and plump. Flaxseeds also remove all the old buildup on the skin, remove dead cells, and provide anti-aging benefits to the skin. It is one of my favorite masks for porcelain skin.
- Almonds and Milk
Soak a few almonds overnight in some milk, grind them together, and make a fine paste out of it. Apply the mixture for 25-30 mins and voila, you will get ultra-smooth, baby-like soft skin with a natural glow. Do this every week for soft porcelain skin.
- Boiled rice, Matcha powder, and Aloe vera
Mix boiled rice, 1 tsp matcha powder, and 2 tsp. aloe vera and make a smooth paste. Apply for 25-30 mins. Rinse off with warm water. Rice exfoliates all the sun damage on the skin, the chlorophyll in matcha removes the toxins from the skin, and aloe vera moisturizes and soothes the skin. This powerful trio of ingredients is a must-try natural face mask to achieve porcelain skin.
Takeaway– Porcelain skin is indeed the most flawless skin!
- Porcelain skin refers to the very expensive “Chinese porcelain” which is made of white clay and is absolutely spotless.
- Porcelain skin is translucent skin that almost looks like glass skin with a pink undertone. The name is derived from the expensive ‘Chinese porcelain’ made of white clay.
- You can achieve flawless porcelain skin with a consistent and personalized skincare routine for you.
- Do not step outside without a broad-spectrum sunscreen and avoid sleeping with makeup on at all costs.
- You can also use the face masks made of the all-natural ingredients mentioned above for some amazing results.
Love~ Beauty stroll
You may also like these articles
25 best Korean Moisturizers in the market!
Ginger oil for weight loss? First, see the evidence